You’ve lost your watch somewhere in your home or anywhere else. It would be best if you found out where it is. But you can see it on your phone, so you know it must be around. Now what? How do I find my watch with my phone? You may go through several mental processes as you figure out how to find your watch.
You may think about the last place you remember seeing it—the bedroom, the living room, the office, or the kitchen. But don’t worry, there is a way you can find your watch with the help of your mobile phone.
Different ways of finding a watch with a phone
There are several ways to find a lost smartwatch using your phone. These different types of methods are usually used to find or locate your watch with the help of a mobile phone.
Using The Find My App:
A lost watch can be found with the Find My app, which displays the latest location on a map. You must download the app on your smartphone, which is available on both IOS and Android.
- First, connect the app to the watch
- When you lose your watch, use the app to find it.
Using Bluetooth tracking:
Nowadays, many smartwatches come with Bluetooth connectivity, connecting your smartwatch to your phone via Bluetooth. Their range is around 10 meters, so if your device is near 10 meters surrounding then, you can find your watch by Bluetooth. You can use the Find My app or a similar app provided by the smartwatch manufacturer to find the watch.
Using GPS tracking:
Some watches have a built-in GPS feature that allows you to find out where you are or where your smartwatch is, even if the watch is not connected to your phone. This still works because of the built-in GPS feature. You need to open the watch app on your phone and see the location of your watch.
A watch or smartwatch will make a sound when a notification comes in, and almost all smartwatches have these functionalities. For example, it will beep or ring when someone calls you, or you receive an email or a new message. Some smartwatches have special alarms which let you know where your watch is. You can set these alarms through a simple app.
How to Find Samsung Watch
If you have lost your Samsung watch, there are a few steps you can take to try and locate your smartwatch:
Use the “Find My Watch” feature:
If your watch is connected to your smartphone, you can use the function “Find My Watch” feature to locate it where it is. This feature is available on the official Samsung Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.
Check the last location:
The Find My Watch feature will also show you the last known location of your smartwatch. It may also show you recent activity or recent location, such as the watch being disconnected from the phone at this time.
Play a sound:
You can also use the official Samsung Galaxy Wearable app feature, Find My Watch, to play a sound on your watch, even if it is in silent mode. This can help you locate it if it is nearby. This method only works when your Samsung Galaxy Watch is near to you.
How to Find Apple Watch
Here are the steps on how to locate your lost Apple Watch:
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone or visit iCloud.com on another device or on your Computer and sign in with your Apple ID and Password.
- Click on the “All Devices” button at the top of the screen; you will see all the devices you have to select your lost Apple Watch from the list of devices.
- You will see the current location of your watch on a map. Suppose the location is not accurate or the location is not available. In that case, you can click the “Notify When Found” button to receive a push notification when the watch is located.
- If you think your watch is nearby, you can use the feature of the “Play Sound” button to locate the watch. This can help you locate it if it is in the surrounding. You can mark the watch as lost from the mobile if the watch is not nearby. This will lock your smartwatch and display a message on the screen with your phone number so if someone finds they contact you.
In conclusion, to find your watch, always look at the official app that comes with the smartwatch and always enable the lost features from the app so that in the future you lose your smartwatch, you can easily find it. Please don't take it off in the office or outside the home.
How do I find my watch with my phone?
It depends on what phone and watches you are using. You can use “Find My App” on iPhone or Apple Watches and “Find My Watch” on Samsung Galaxy Watches. Both these apps are available in the App Store and Play Store for free.
What if my phone isn’t nearby?
If your phone is not nearby, you can use iCloud.com for iPhone or Apple watches to locate it. And for Samsung Galaxy watches, use the official app “Find My Watch” to locate it.
What if I lost my phone?
If you lose your phone, you can use all the methods discussed above.
What if my iPhone is broken?
If your iPhone is broken, you can use iCloud.com on any iPhone or any computer to locate it